No, dear reader, this refers to today, my day off. Off the hook, off my rocker--though in reality spent getting things back ON hooks and getting ON my figurative rocker (terms which here mean, organizing and getting sane again).
I just finished some delicious ice cream.
For once, I shall actually attempt to start at the beginning ish. Last you heard, Hurricane Projectile Sneezer was due to hit the coasts of Katieland sometime later that day. Sure enough, while observing and assisting at the community classes taught by the 4weekers, I started having to blow my nose every hour or so.
The government of Katieland attempted to block the progress of the hurricane by land through copious amounts of anti-bacterial and handwashing, but its progress by air was unstoppable. The Sleep reinforcements did not arrive in large enough numbers and the government was forced the following morning to borrow tissues from the government of Karlienland, who had already survived the hurricane's onslaught and had supplies to spare. During class, we attempted to diminish the effects of Hurricane Projectile Sneezer by applying large amounts of hot water to the system, but to small avail. Was decided that getting out and about might alleviate said evil effects.
So we went out to find the highschools at which we shall be observing next Tues and Weds. Erin W kindly agreed to come with me to find mine, which was great because he just gave us the stop we needed to go to and not where to go from there, but she was observant enough to notice a "watch for children" type sign and we found the school from there. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant
and the application of spicy chips and raw lime cleared the skies briefly, but without lasting effects
and then by the time we got back
Hurricane Projectile Sneezer had reduced Katieland to a wreck of a helpless mess, with constant flooding in both the regions of Eyes and Nose and (in)flammation in the province of Right Eye. After consultation with the department of Home Land Security, it was decided that large amounts of Sleep Reinforcements were the only hope for Katieland.
So, after waking Karlien up and seeing her off to hiking, I went back to sleep until 11:40!! That is an all-life record for me for sleeping in, and I felt SOOOOOO much better than I did at 8. So I had some good God time and just took the day slowly. It was nice to read my notes from Tammy Smith from the Women's Retreat because I feel like I got un-centered this week or something. It was just hard to have a quiet time in the morning because I was SO tired and it's not comfortable to sit in my bed without my pink pillow sooooo I think I'll try to have God time after class etc in the coming week and see how that works.
I washed tons of dishes because our roommates left in a hurry for Norway and left the remains of their pasta on the counter...so I decided that I preferred to just have a grand dish-washing party rather than smell tomatoes and have to work around the lack of counter space and available dishes until Tuesday. So I put on an AWESOME shuffle of all my music and opened the suicide window wide and just got everything spic-and-span with the multipurpose cleaner Karlien bought. At least, we're pretty sure it's a multipurpose cleaner. ;) (And we call them suicide windows because they're definitely big enough for a person to fit through, definitely are on the 13th floor, and definitely have no screens or anything.)
And then I went to Netto all by myself and didn't do anything too embarrassing...unless you count wandering up and down twoish aisles 100 times looking for TRASH BAGS!!! We're putting our trash IN our trash at this point...haha.
So tomorrow's Berlin and Monday's Potsdam (because it's a national holiday) so I should probably get ready to go and such. But it was really fun to skype with my family/the whole world at Hannah's graduation party. :-D It'll be nice to really get to talk eventually but it was quite enjoyable to just get carried around and have people go, "Hi Abby...why do you have a computer?" (It's Katie.) "Oh hi Katie! How come we can't see her?" (She can see you). "Oh well hi! *wave* How's Germany?" etc. :) I was amused. And it was nice to see so many people. :) And of course I don't miss them until I see them--it's so weird to think that right now, in Green OH, the sun is up and my sister's graduation party is going on, while right now, in Dresden, Germany, the sun is all the way down (although it's still a bit green out our window, and not just cuz of the curtains) and I need to get to bed if I'm going to get enough sleep before leaving for Berlin at 6:30 tomorrow morning! Hmm, to take more Medi-Nait or not...
Well, the first question is to pack! Good night (or afternoon!) dear reader(s)!
Goodnight... for me.
ReplyDeleteGood morning... for you.
You're leaving in an hour for Berlin, and I haven't slept yet. Oh dear. I'm about to drop dead.
Your predictions about this post were right.
I found it highly amusing. I liked how you wrote the onslaught of the PHS. Very nice
I'm going to go to sleep now.
Have a fantabulous time in Berlin and Potsdam! Take lots of pictures *insert cheesey smile*
Love you bunchers,
Abby
Nice Lemony Snicket moment.
ReplyDelete