Landmark event of my time here that happened today: I ACTUALLY HAVE ALL THE RIGHT STUFF TO MAKE A DECENT MEAL! Oil, spices and cheese were missing. :-D It was delicious but looked just like the other egg one because spices are invisible to the camera.
I did worse on my grammar quiz than I thought I did but then I did better because then I explained to him what I was thinking for one of them that I just didn't communicate well.
Karlien is a beast at finding funny youtube videos of laughing babies and soccer players and movie spoilers. ;)
I got to skype with the Karen girls for a few minutes today and with my family for over an hour yesterday! Happy blur of chatting.
Which was good because yesterday morning I watched the church service from home last week and they were all singing and it made me really sad. If I were home I would've been there!
But then I got to go to church here which was just amazing because it's just so random and yet so not that I was sitting in this room with this German woman (Priska) married to this Korean man (Chang Yong) friends with this Chinese girl (Ke) and Nicole, from the US but heading to El Salvador after this, and me, here in Germany and then going to be in France and Mexico and who knows where else. And the sheer fact that we all love Jesus means that we automatically have stories to tell about how we started falling in love with him and what he's done in our lives and our struggles/joys that come from following him. And awkward silences aren't awkward because everyone's comfortable. Tomorrow's the Bible study at 7 and Sarah from the program is also coming I think. :-D Hopefully I can get lots of homework and cleaning done before then.
I need to do laundry but I was in denial yesterday and today but tomorrow I'll be desperate and watch, none of the washers will be available and I'll have to act on my impulsive ideas about handwashing things.
Tomorrow is school visits so I have to be up at 6 and I really need some God time so blogging in bed was a bad idea and I'll probably have to go back to my desk...
PS: Keeping Nougat Bits and chocolate on my desk actually makes me eat them less. And I got an ENORMOUS bar of the good kind of chocolate, not the cheap kind, with whole hazelnuts, so I'll really enjoy it. And I paid enough to make it last and I can't conceivably eat the whole thing in one sitting. So that's my new strategy and I'm sticking to it.
Random revelation of the day/week: I actually bought this food with real money and if I make it last (without starving myself or anything, but if I don't pig out or just randomly waste stuff [not that I do]) then I save money! Hurray!
You should join International Haiku Status day: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=125374897475539. :-D
Good night/afternoon dear readers! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment