Classes this morning were FASCINATING. Dr. G's a really good teacher because he made us THINK so hard!!
"What is language?" "OK, but what about...?"
"What are nouns?"
"What are verbs?" "But is sleeping really an action?"
Yeah. It was great. We had like two articles to read for hw, one of which was extremely complicated and ...complicated, but I got through it by summarizing to Karlien. Not sure how much it helped her, but definitely helped me!
Embarrassing "Yes I'm a foreigner" event of the day (Stupid Foreigner Moment, or SFM):
Shopping again at the Netto, bill comes to 5.02. Hand the girl a 50. She asks,
"Zwei Cent?"
which I assume means, "50?" aka "Really? You're giving me a 50 for 5 bucks worth?" (I know I know, euro's worth)
So I say, "Ja." And then stand there. And after a second she's like, "Nicht?" And I'm like, --OH! I wondered why that didn't ACtually sound like 50! (fünfzig) ...She asked if I have 2 cents!--. Sweet. Maybe this is why I still don't really want to go anywhere alone (which meant I stood there with everyone for like half an hour after going to the lesson planning session to walk back to the dorm): Because, if something embarrassing happens, there's no one to laugh about it with you afterwards!
Good thing we brought a bunch of hairthings: bobby pins and rubber bands are super useful for closing packages.
Definitely addicted to the nougat bits. Whole pizza wasn't what overfilled me last night (too thin-crusted and vegetarian and not-greasy), it was the teacup full of nougat bits. (We don't have cereal bowls or measuring cups, so this teacup is my new best friend.)
However, the Mini Zimtos are up for grabs. Red-hot-type cinnamon flavoring is NOT delicious with milk. *gag* Definitely got some delicious Schoko Musli (Chocolate muesli) at Netto today, which doubles as a great yogurt topper.
Oh! And I successfully cooked myself dinner! I mean, the rice completely stuck to the bottom of the pot, and we had a freakout moment after we realized we don't have a can opener and before we realized the cans have pull tabs on top...but it was fairly delish!
Annnnd, now I'm going to get to bed early so that I don't catch the plague that the projectile sneezer behind Karlien on the long flight sent to Dresden...
and ps, those coins are my euro coins. I'm trying to decide if I should get a wallet that zips and has a good spot for change/a changepurse, or if I should just use a sock...
Tomorrow=classes at 9 again and then observing a university class tomorrow night/afternoon.
Oh and PPS: DRESDEN IS SUPER COLD IN THE SPRING!!! *shivers* Our closet classroom gets fairly warm, which will probably be horrible in the summer, but is good for now, but we step out the door of our dorm into a LEGIT wind tunnel. It's ridiculous.
found the apothecary with Karlien and Erin and successfully asked "Sprecken Sie Englisch?"
got a reputation for saying "legit" constantly
and broke into my peanut M&M stash. Dr. G keeps bringing chocolate to class, but I'm a nighttime chocolate kinda girl...although it seems A LOT OF I've been eating here has been chocolatey in some way...
good night/afternoon, dear reader! :)P
How exciting! I can hear your voice as I read your words...hilarious! :) Emily Miley
ReplyDeleteevery time you say "LEGIT", I think, "Man, that is solid!"
ReplyDelete@Emily: I'm glad you can hear my voice or this wouldn't make too much sense! Lots of run-on sentences.
ReplyDelete@Dad:...uh... :)?