Saturday, May 29, 2010

Praha

So, today started at 5:30 (before your day was even done) so that I could get myself moving in time to meet people at 6:30 to catch the bus at 7 to PRAGUE. I slept on the way there which was good because

IT

WAS

FABULOUS.

I gave in to being a tourist (because we were in, um, [one of] the tourist capital[s] of Europe) and just took pictures to my heart's content. Although it would've been fun to be one of the cool tourists speaking French or Spanish or another European language instead of American English. In caps. Americans are super obvious: t-shirts, baseball caps, fanny packs, loudness, y'know. :)

It was just so beautiful I kept pinching myself (figuratively, by saying, "Hey, guys, FYI, we're in Prague, in case you forgot in the last 5 minutes since I last pointed this out"--not literally). People kept saying how they felt like they were in the fake Epcot version of Europe or something. I feel like everything in Europe just has a glow about it that makes it that much more cool than anything in the US. Like, sure the mountains on the bus trip looked pretty much exactly like Tennessee, but they were just prettier because they were in the Czech Republic! Maybe America's reputation for being cheap and rushed spills over into the scenery...even the equivalents of trailer parks next to the transportation systems have tons of flowers and stuff here!

But yeah...once again, a description of the sights we saw is best done through pictures and video, but some general comments: It was cool to be someplace not as flat as Germany. I woke up from my bus nap on the way there and was like, "It's hillier here than in Germany!" and Karlien was like "You mean like the mountains we just drove through?" The buildings were all super pretty. The only annoying thing was the über-touristiness of everywhere we went. BUT the cool thing about that was that you really did here tons of different languages--Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, German, and of course Czech...it was super weird to get off the bus and be like, "Alright...sweet...I have NO idea what any of the signs say!" It made me want to read The Rope Trick really bad...I wonder if googlebooks has a preview...

But then it was fun because Nicole, Meghan and I all wanted ice cream but we didn't want to get it in Prague because we were all still stuffed from lunch. So when we got back we went to the grocery store and split a box among us three and Karlien and Becca and then Erin and Angel also joined us and we just hung out for like 2 hours! I loved it! :-D

And I mean, the ice cream was pretty delicious too.

I didn't have any fruit today. :( But if I have one unhealthy day then that'll be my inspiration to eat better tomorrow instead of trying to redeem it real quick and then forgetting how actually unhealthy it was...haha.

So I have a billion and two things to do tomorrow before and after church at 2...hopefully most of it will actually get done. Like cleaning. Cleaning would be really good. And doing my Computers in L2 hw also.

Alright, well, Karlien's going to bed, and remember those billion and two things? All done faster on a good night of sleep. Last night wasn't really long enough, and I'm not sure if the bus naps count or not. Sure. Why not. :)

good night/afternoon dear readers!

PS: Even though we're 6 hours and one ocean away from each other, me and my sisters BOTH watched the evolution of dance youtube video yesterday...RANDOM. :-D

watch for pictures in the near future and video in the near-er future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment