Friday, May 28, 2010

Thursday

Hi dear readers! Thanks for all your comments on the pictures. :-) Good motivation to post more...when I have time.

Today was class (well, skyping with Abigail and THEN class) and I managed not to eat any of the chocolate at class and then Karlien made me a grilled cheese and I ate my pretzels and banana. :) Then I posted pictures. Then I had a bit of God time and then it was class time! Like, teaching class, not going to class. I had a lot of fun. We had 5 students in the highschool class and talked about horoscopes and fables, which was amusing, and then in the advanced class that I'll be taking over we talked about all the historical elements of "American Pie" which was interesting and the students were motivated to discuss--these classes are great because the students WANT to come and it's not mandatory for any reason so they actually try. They told us all about the random tornado on Monday and the destruction and apparently a baby/kid died. :( All the trees down were kinda crazy.

So I greatly enjoyed myself in class, in class, and reading for linguistics on the transportation even though I made the mistake of reading while sitting facing backwards...so when I got off the bus I was really happy to be about to recover from bus-sickness and said "Terra cotta! I mean....terra firma." :-)P

But now I should go to bed because we have SIX HOURS of class tomorrow (9-1 and 2-4) and then I'm meeting with Gabz to discuss the future topics of the class she's currently teaching that I will be teaching...And Prague=Saturday! :-D

So until later, dear readers...

Oh, PS, I was THIS CLOSE to eating a PB&J...it sounded really good but I just made a PB and a J and then I licked the spoon that still had a bit of PB on it after spreading the J...and I was glad I had kept them separate. I'll wait some more time before trying it.

A nutella sandwich, however, comes highly recommended for good reason...

I think I ate about as much of Karlien's food today as mine. More like fillings for bread. :)P

Oh and Shu Fen (one of the Taiwanese grad students) really likes Nougat Bits now too after I gave her some to try. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment