We passed on our stuff to the spring semester program, which meant that we had to say goodbye to the fan, which broke Karlien's heart.
Then Karlien, Meghan and I went to the zoo.
It was a pretty fabulous zoo.
There was a great variety of animals (which can still be categorized basically into stuff with horns, birds, monkeys, and traditional zoo animals). It was the perfect size because we could walk and walk and then just when we were getting tired and a little over all the stuff with horns, we were at the end. It was a lovely zoo.
On the way there Karlien asked me what my favorite zoo animal was. I said I wasn't sure. ...Let's just put this in dialogue form.
Me: Well, I mean, when people ask what my favorite animal is I usually say those birds that fly around eating insects at sunset.
Her: Biiirds! Kaaaatie! That's not a favorite ZOO animal. What's your favorite ZOO animal??
Me: I haven't done enough research! I haven't collected all my data!
Her: You've had 20 years to collect data!!
Meghan: I know what MY favorite is!
Me (jumps on the distraction): What is it?
Meghan: The cats!
Meghan: The cats!
...*discussion about big cats*
Karlien (ever persistent): How can you not know what your favorite zoo animal is???
Me: I mean...koalas and kangaroos are cool!
But after seeing the lazy kangaroos...that wasn't it.
And then when I saw the penguins...
that was it. Penguins are way more active and adorable and I LOVE the way they "fly" in the water.
And then when I saw the otters...
that was also it. Otters are also super active and adorable and they also "fly" in water even though they, like penguins, are actually land animals.
Love it. So apparently I do have a couple favorite zoo animals. :)
Then we went to this ridiculous Eiscafe where I got a mocha version of a spaghetti ice that was delicious but the start of a downhill evening of snacking on everything you shouldn't. ;)
BUT that's because at Bible study Chang Yong gave me the package that Sister Esther and Brother Alexander sent from Berlin. It was supposed to just be my shoes that I forgot there, but when I took it was super heavy and it ended up being full of fun food like dried bananas and walnuts and jam and cappuccino mix and GUMMI MICE! SO CUTE! (and tasty too ;) And I have my shoes back.
And Bible study was good and it seemed like Chang Yong has accepted that I'm not coming to the conference, so that was good ;) and then we all stood and watched it rain (POUR) for awhile which was cool and then Karlien and I watched White Collar while I ate a croissant and walnuts (both with nutella--yum)
AND THEN WHEN WE WERE DONE I HAD TWO LETTERS FROM JAMES EMAILED INTO MY INBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This made me quite happy.
^Understatement.^
I miss having brothers around, but chatting with Caleb tonight was good too.
I'm excited to go back to Kent. For SEVERAL reasons.
God is good. And, um, it's 12:01 and I said I would be done at midnight so I should wrap it up and reread! :-D
Tomorrow the plan is Moritzburg, train with Ke, giving food to Priska and Ke, and packing and stuff. :-D Oh and I should probably finally send my box home...intimidating!
Well, goodnight dear readers. May your evening be fabulous. :-D
Sounds like a terrific day at the zoo! Laughed out loud about how it was the perfect size...just when we were over the things with horns...so funny. I'm glad you got your shoes back! Which ones? And all that yummy stuff! Those people are so sweet--so glad you met them all!
ReplyDelete