PS: IT WAS SUPER HOT ALL WEEKEND!
We ate dinner at the Dutch restaurant, naturally, where I got awesome hutspot (carroty mashed potatoes) and a veggie pancake. A large, loud group of Welshmen sat behind us and made conversation intermittently throughout the dinner, which was slightly awkward because the most vocal of them was sitting RIGHT behind me. Like, when he first sat down, I was afraid that if I made a sudden move we would bang heads. Everyone else went out to meet up with them later, but instead I talked to Dad, Emily, the rest of the fam and the Karen Girls!
Saturday I started working (lazily) on my lesson plan and then met up with Prisca, Chang Yong, and Ke to invite people to church today. They called it evangelism, but it wasn't scary enough to merit the E word. We just invited people. Precisely during the time of the fussball game, so there was literally one person home on each of the 14 floors among 6 rooms of 2-3 people. No one came today, but 2 people said they were interested, so maybe they just need to be reminded sometime. Oh and on the way there I TOTALLY took the tram two stops too far because I heard "Rosegarten" instead of "Grossegarten" and I rely so heavily on the first letters of words that I completely missed it even though it looked slightly familiar. I was irritated walking back, but then Prisca ran up from behind me and I wasn't mad anymore. haha.
I had sandwiches with them for dinner and then went to Rewe to restock on all 4 of my essential veggies, bananas, rolls, and yogurt. And cereal and milk. All together: my staples. I probably eat one of those every day (switch out bananas for other fruits and rolls for sliced bread sometimes, but...you get the picture).
Then I continued to work lazily on my lesson plan...and I can't remember what else. OH YEAH skyped with my family for a nice long hour and fifteen minutes! It was lovely! We talked about what classes I should take and essentially ruled out the Relational learning one. It helped me to explain it all to Mom again and she sort of made it sound like it might be worth the $675 to have a small break between two full study abroad programs. ($675 in paying for an LER next summer when I could take it now). Which I kind of was glad that someone was justifying it to some extent.
"If your sanity is worth the $675..."
"Well, I'm not sure how much one fewer class would help it..."
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's already gone. "
"Well, OK, true, but maybe my remaining mental health!"
But then this morning I realized that if I took one less class and had an easier semester, I wouldn't really need God to get me through anything and he wouldn't really get any glory for whatever I accomplished. I pointed out to myself that I could use the extra time to do stuff for him...but the thought had been planted.
And then at church this afternoon we talked read Gideon's story, and BAM: Judges 7:2
The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into their hands. In order that Israel may not boast against me that her own strength has saved her,
cut your resources." <=paraphrase mine.
Basically, you're almost capable of handling this, so what you need to do now is make this more difficult so that I can show how freakin' awesome I am at saving people in desperate situations.
So, I guess I'm taking Cognitive Psychology. Because then, if I DON'T have to take Computers in L2 twice, I have the choice of taking one of the LERs in the fall (or just doing them both in the summer and having an easier semester).
And as I realized this weekend, it's totally better to get your work done first and THEN give yourself time to relax, no matter how much you feel like you need it. Well, ALMOST no matter how much you need it. In 98% of cases.
But despite polishing it up and completing the materials AFTER church today (and therefore after the 6:00 deadline), I feel like this might actually be a half-way decent lesson plan. :-/ I hope so! I'm gonna try to look at it every day so that maybe I'll think of everything BEFORE it's already happening in class.
And now, 7:30 comes early. A lot earlier than 9. And that's when we need to be AT CLASS, not when we need to wake up.
Sweet sweet!
Night, dear readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment