Friday, July 2, 2010

My Fall Schedule

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with TEFL. Calm down.

I am currently signed up for a Cinema/Jungle Spanish Elective class which I don't want to take until fall of my senior year because it COULD count for credit in a Spanish translation master's program. I don't know if I want to do that yet, so I'm postponing and dropping that class.

Here are my options:

1. Leave that space open, take 15 credit hours this semester, and 2 LER's at Stark next summer. This would mean that I wouldn't die quite as badly while taking a class with Berrong AND one with Hermosilla (never had him before, but he's also a head of a department and they're both lit classes).
2. Take a Relational Learning class with one of my favorite professors (and 2 LER's at Stark next summer). This would not count towards anything but would give me actual life experience. It's basically a mentoring class--we would mentor the upcoming Ed Psych class and also a kindergarten class in an inner-city district of Canton. This would mean class every week (not sure if we meet once or twice), sometimes preparing and executing things like study sessions for the Ed Psych class, and meeting with whoever I get paired with to help them with their Unit Plan and Lesson Plan maybe once or twice. Or just emailing them. I would also get to keep up the relationship with this professor which is a really good plan because she's a great resource and reference and stuff like that.
3. Take an LER and then take 1 LER at Stark next summer.

This is all assuming that the Computers in L2 Teaching that I'm taking here would count for the one that I'm scheduled to take later even though this one's in the English department and the other one is in the MCLS department. If it doesn't count, which would be ultra lame and highly unreasonable in my humble opinion, I could...

4. Take one of the courses that is currently scheduled for fall of my senior year to make room for the Spanish one that I'm dropping (i.e. Cognitive Psychology from 7-8:15 on Tues and Thurs). Basically, switch two of the classes.

Does that make anything like sense? Good. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment