is an even bigger fan of watching Alice in Wonderland
in German
in Germany
at the Elbe
during a thunderstorm.
Maybe it's a misunderstanding, but I like (among other things about this scene) the part when Absalom and Alice are talking and she figures out that it's real and that her favorite things about Wonderland are real...and then Absalom reminds her that her biggest enemy is real too.
I still love that she finds her identity in her father/family in that scene.
I still love that she cuts off the Jabberwocky's tongue first.
I still love the idea of believing 6 unbelievable things before breakfast.
I still love that all the best people are mad.
And Christianity is so ridiculous why?
Oh, because there are a million parallels to it in a ridiculous Tim Burton movie involving a place that might actually just be a dream. But it's real. BAM.
Hey, that question was a violation of some conversational maxims: Relevance and manner! Because it didn't have anything to do with the previous statements because I didn't state the link clearly!
I mean, if I have to illuminate all the mysteries of the universe for you...I guess I'm a nice person.
1. We like remembering that Jesus and God and angels are real, but don't forget about Satan...
2. The identity of a Christian is a son/daughter of the King and a member of the adopted Family.
3. The Enemy's greatest weapon is his words--threats and lies and intimidation tactics.
4. You absolutely have to be a little bit crazy to be a Christian or you're not doing it right.
6 impossible things.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes. Alice is awesome in that way, isn't it...
H.