Thursday, February 24, 2011

fast post so I can SLEEP!

today was good

we finished studying pronouns in morning class and I think I have them more or less down and could almost probably teach them

Em, Han, Makayla came over for lunch and it was fun though not as fancy as when Andrea and Laura came and we ate French style--everyone brought stuff they had bought at carrefour and we just ate together and they helped with the banana bread :)

afternoon class was pretty OK, we actually did Labo because Alexandra's on vaca for the week but A-C's cool and I realized that the a nasal is my worst enemy!!!! I just said the other day that someone had white hair (cheveux blanc) instead of blond hair, so it's obviously something I need to be aware of...but it was a bunch of mixed pairs...what are those called? Ah, Dr. G would be ashamed....like kilt and tilt or tape and tap...where you highlight a particular sound. Never realized Chinese speakers have problems with k/g t/d, but that causes real problems when distinguishing between gateau and cadeau... :)

Kevin's class was cool too--talked about the fifth republic and the structure of French government which is highly necessary to understand...only we talked about our papers so much at the beginning that he actually went until 6:30 (which means 6:40 in France) and I was meeting Andrea to walk to the Bible study at 6:45 at her house so I just went straight there and was 4 minutes early so I ate dessert with her (lemon tarte) and then we walked over (mostly talking in French) and a lot of people are on vacation so it was just four of us girls and we could've spoken English (which was nice at times, like while praying) but we chose French (Y) and it was quite encouraging--talked about truth, which turned into talking about being judgmental but trying not to. =)P

OH HOW COULD I FORGET THIS SMALL BUT IMPORTANT DETAIL: I got my packages today! I guess I was just too focused on trucking through my schedule! So I now have plenty of gum and a new scarf and wallet and money cards and mascara supplies ;) and a couple Reese's cups, just in case, an extra watch battery and more hairthings to destroy instead of my thumbs. Thumbs up! Oh and more hydrocortisone so that I don't rip the back of my head off. I'm really down to my last dose tonight, so perfect timing! :) Life is good :)

So yeah, when I got back I cooked up some hamburger to go with some of the ample amounts of pasta hanging around this house, only I had the stove on the highest setting which caused large amounts of steamy smoke, which problem I solved by closing the door (air doesn't move here, so containing food smells to the kitchen is important!), turning the above-the-stove fan on high, and sucking it up and opening the window. =P I added ketchup and it tasted delicious anyway. I've been eating far too much ketchup this week, but what can I do, it's been pasta-filled and it's better to get my fill of ketchup now when the food deserves it than normally when it's really good without. =)P

And now I shall go to bed and try not to make it too late tonight! =)P Until later dear readers!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got your packages today! And that your classes were so interesting. And that you had a good lunch with your friends. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete