Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I got really tired all of a sudden and realized I should probably blog!!

Well, today I went to class. We did an exercise (that I can definitely see myself stealing) about careers and the necessary attributes to succeed.

I had lunch with Andrea at Eat Me which was yummy--the mustard was a little much though! Horseradish BURNS and here mustard has some serious horseradish going on. But it was cheap and veggie filled. But then I bought a candy bar during the afternoon class. From the vending machine. *GASP* It was kind of like a chocolate covered graham cracker. Balisto bar. Pretty good, not worth 0,80.

I just killed skype by deleting my history. It claims to be alive but is strangely not visible. Sorry Kelsey and Dad, I'll try to come back!

After class I managed to somehow be productive after like the longest tea/snack ever...I realized that I tend to want to eat when my stomach is sort of off and needs to be balanced...for example, too much horseradish=>I need bread and special K! Does this have any medical, logical basis? Probably not. I put some laundry in, went for a little walk, and this brings me to the topic of the weather here...

We all know the Ohio weather joke--"You don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes, it'll be different." Now, we all have to admit that it's really more along the lines of "wait 24 hours and it'll definitely be totally different...12, 3--that's a little more exceptional." Ohio changes frequently (frequently) but holds kind of steady--a day of rain, a day of sun, a day of snow, a day of wind...at least, that's how I remember it. France, on the other hand, is a beast at holding steady with the exact same weather (within a degree or two for both the high and low, not even kidding) for 5-10 days, shifting slightly (say, 5 degrees warmer) and then throwing in two days of rain/sun/rain/sun/both-at-the-same-time (and watch out for gusts of wind). So I'd say that if you average it all out, we end up with the same number of weather changes, distributed in different manners. Because today was just as crazy changey as yesterday was (although I wasn't in the right place at the right time to see any rainbows).

I have to catch you up on meals:

Last night we had a stew type meal that was basically the meals on Sunday combined and reworked: beef bourgignon over spiced pasta--MM. Tonight, we had a "torte" that Isabelle actually made last night and kept for today--it was like a pie crust made into a giant pocket with a bit of ham but mostly cheese and potatoes inside, with whole grain rice on the side (and carrot soupe!) The bread was really good tonight. And the salad was my favorite easy-to-get-on-the-fork-and-in-your-mouth kind. It was a night of small mishaps though--Isabelle spilled some soupe on the table and Claire broke a glass.

I'm going to bed! I feel that this has been thoroughly boring and short, but it was just a Tuesday, and I need to fold my laundry (which, surprise surprise, is actually dry! (Y) ) Good night fam and friends!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day. Dinner sounded yummy too. I've noticed that you often have several "starches or grains" together--potatoes and crust, rice and pasta. That's interesting since I usually just pick one. Guess it balances out the cheese deliciously! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat me sounds like a good place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day. And the weather seems... interesting there. I would like to experience it sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete