
I ate a whole bag of Tagada s today with very little help.
It's difficult to stop when you introduce yourself to a new kind of Haribo. I shudder to count calories.
They're not Jogi-Bussis, but they're pretty yummy! Kind of marshmallowy but tangy and covered in pink sugar. Their taste is not unlike that of my favorite raspberries ;)
*All incomprehensible words in the last three sentences have to do with a brand of candy, Haribo, who makes up nonsensical words to represent their international candies which are too good to be legal...but they are. (Origin: Germany. They were cheaper there). Also, Tabouli day is when my dad goes and eats Tabouli, among other ?meditarrainien? foods on the first/second Friday of the month. Can't remember which. Can't remember how to spell mediterranean either--that first attempt didn't even register with spellcheck! And the second one is right; spellcheck just wants me to capitalize it.
But the day, let's see...Another girl from the 4th level joined our class. First Spanish-speaker, Columbian.
We had a picnicky feeling lunch because everyone went and got food at Carrefour and brought it back to the Institute. By the time they got out of class, I had already been out since 11 and had attempted (and mostly succeeded) to have a quiet time but had already been driven to Carrefour by hunger. I actually ran into Isabelle, in fact, which was slightly disconcerting but cool because I've wondered where she shops! Anyway, since I had already been to Carrefour (apple and box of already-toasted bready things, 85 cents) , I ran to Mangez-Moi (Eat me) and got my favorite veggie "pain indien" (Indian bread) with ketchup and mustard that BUUUUUUUURNS the nose (2,50). And I somehow got fries thrown in--oh great, that's a calorie count to be avoided too! haha! They helped to cut the horseradish, though, and Hannah ate most of those, honest. :)
This afternoon in Art History we looked at castles, one of which we're actually going to visit next weekend and a couple that we've already seen, so that was interesting!
After class, Isabelle helped me buy, as she had offered earlier this week, tickets for my 24 hour post-excursion Paris trip next weekend. I shall go the Musee d'Orsay and church and that's enough for me! =) I got a really good deal--round trip, 36,60. =D And she loaned me more money, which was highly unnecessary but really nice, so I had aucun souci (no worries) about 1. having enough money for a metro pass, breakfast, and lunch in Paris next weekend and 2. going out and buying minutes for my phone and juice, in preparation for tomorrow's activities. I hope my Chinese friends won't be miffed that my Korean lunch overlaps with their card game--and I hope I like kimchi. And I hope the juice I bought is enough and goes well with kimchi. haha! I still haven't decided if I'm taking the ananas (pineapple) juice along or if I'll keep it for myself...tee hee (wasntme)
Oh and you know how people buy purses that are normally black with "Paris Paris Paris" written on them in white with a red or two? Or "Berlin Berlin..." "Madrid Madrid..." "Prague Prague Prague"--basically, if you see from afar a purse in that style, you get all curious about what city the person is showing off having gone to. Do I participate in that madness? No way Jose! However, I kind of felt like I was being cool along those lines ("Yes, I am a traveled person, how could you tell?") today when I took my Rewe (German grocery store) bag to carry my juice in. "Immer voller frische--Rewe" (Always fully fresh--'ree-va). Yes, I did live in Germany long enough to buy a grocery bag--take that, show-offy tourists with your cutesy little purses!
Tonight we had omelette, rice, salad, cheese, and fruit (kiwi :).
I watched some TV with Claire after I got back...I think I should've been taking a walk, it probably would've been more memorable and beneficial...although now I know all about how a small cult of people are still living in the 80's and how Spanish food is all the rage in Paris. I walked a little bit when I went shopping, but maybe I'll go for an extra long walk tomorrow morning. :) If it's not cold and rainy, but if weather.com is as wrong about that as it was about the sunshine and warmish temperatures today, I'll be a happy camper!
This evening I started out with searching "how is Christianity different from" (google conveniently filled in "islam") and ended up thinking that this is interesting enough, it's something that I want enough to be informed about, and it affects France, that I could probably make Islam the new topic of my paper for Kevin that is currently collecting dust in a corner of my brain. (Don't worry, it's not due for another few weeks). There are those that say there is no way that Islam is taking over France, but then there are alarmists who say it is, and then there's websites like www.islamenfrance.fr that collect news stories and stuff...let's just say it's a hot enough topic that I'll at least be able to find plenty to talk about even if France refuses to collect ethnic/religious statistics on the basis of equality. This idea has yet to be distilled into a small enough range to write a paper on, but it sure is interesting!
I'm now going to go to bed because tomorrow should also be very interesting and hopefully very fun-filled. :) a demain! (until tomorrow!) Well, if I don't post, just assume that I played cards really late and that I'll have lots to fill you in on on Sunday. :)
The candy looks yummy! It kind of reminds me of some kind of candy we used to have--I can almost taste it, but not quite.
ReplyDeleteFrom what I remember from a book we read in school, Kimchee is pickled cabbage stored in a crock for a very long time. The Koren version of saurkraut, I'd say. I hope you like it too--but you might not want to go super hungry! :)
It sounds like you have a very International day planned for tomorrow--how fun! Enjoy!
Can I just say how much I liked, no strike that, loved the first four paragraphs.
ReplyDeleteNice way to stick it to the tourists katie. If you want to see a strange google suggestion, type in "I am terrified" and within the first 10 suggestions you'll get "I am terrified of Chinese people" That made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering, the date stamps on your blogs, are they based on our time and day here or yours? Because when you mention certain days i get confused.