Bought kiwi this morning after my test! (along with an apple, two pain au chocolat, and a pear = 3,20 E). I picked up MY PACKAGE! at the post office and ran into Laura on the way home. I opened MY PACKAGE! to find THREE LARGE bags of M&Ms which was very exciting along with my favorite trail mix packages and a CD. (It was from my grandma, in case anyone besides me was still in suspense). Claire was also really excited about the M&Ms. ;) I ate lunch with the family because I was home (fish, rice [curry flavored], potatoes), went and took my oral test and was totally distracted during my preparation time because there was A RIDICULOUS rainbow and I could only see two slivers of it out of the two windows. If not, I might've come up with an awesome point that I thought of on the way home...but probably not. It's late, so I won't get into it. After my oral, I ...did something semi productive here--oh yeah, ate a snack and looked up stuff for business French. Saw ANOTHER rainbow during this part of the day. Then I spent practically the rest of the day wandering around Tours--a good hour, hour and a half. It was an excellent walk that I needed after munching on M&Ms and eating a real lunch and a snack, and wouldn't you know it, I saw ANOTHER rainbow!! Without getting poured on like I would've if I had been out either of the other two times! I compared prices of food, shoes, and haircuts all over a couple main streets...I basically went bargain/window-shopping. haha. And can I just repeat how weird my obsession with European shoes is. It's obsessive! I'm fascinated and attracted and amazed! I was thinking about it just as I was getting home and I realized that I feel less intimidated by European fashion because I'm already pretty much excluded as an American but every little bit that I pick up is sort of getting ahead instead of making up for being behind, which is how I feel with American fashion. With European fashion, I'm already out and I'm getting in, instead of being SUPPOSED TO BE in but feeling out. And I mean like in and out of the group (included/excluded), although iinnnn and ooouuut in the fashion senses works too. ;) And with all my bargain searching I've decided I have the personality of a millionaire--"never ever spend money!" Good thing I don't love it or life would be miserable...
Sad news. The honey's almost gone and Isabelle evolved my "I really like red jam" statement to "I'll get you raspberry" to "they didn't have raspberry, I'll get you blackberry." Sad day. But she did also realize (although I did mention it at some point!) that I lost my wallet and loaned me 50 euro without me asking. haha! She's a little TOO busy sometimes to keep it all straight...although she doesn't call all the kids (especially the girls) each others' names all the time like Hervé does...I mention these small faults because they make them all the more human, real people, not because the faults are a big deal. (And because I'm almost sure they couldn't read this anyway. But I wouldn't put it past Hervé, I'd imagine he has to read English sometimes...;)
Anyway. Where was I. Oh yes, so I took a very long walk until dark (which was at like, 6:30 instead of 5:30! There is hope for the world!), did some more productive type things until dinner, and then Claire and I exchanged homework help and that's that. She has a bunch of quizzes and then vacation for two weeks after this week. :)
It was a pretty good day but there's always that little bit more that I wish I would've done and I feel like I spent a lot of time on facebook...just because I checked it 152x more often. It was fun to talk back and forth to Meme though because of it. And I really did do lots of homework and exercise. Not as much homework as I could've, and no laundry, but that's what tomorrow's for!
Good night dear readers!
PS: Immediate family members: There are two movie/Yackley-culture-type references sort of well hidden in this post...your mission is to find them and say where they're from. I'm interested to see how hard/easy you find this. ;)
PPS: Happy Valentine's Day. It's not really a big deal here, although I did note that the flower business seemed to be booming. =) I would put in a less than three heart only it'll tell me my html code isn't complete. :)P
PPPS: RE title: I really did feel like I ate a lot of sugar today. And it made me go "ew!" instead of "...normal."
OK, I have an idea about at least one of the Yackley culture references, but I don't want to post it first--I'll wait and see what everyone else thinks. I could really only see one though.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a very rainbowy day there, and I'm glad you got to go out and about. I'm thinking you should buy a pair of European shoes before you leave...
It's nice to hear some things about H and I that make them seem like real people who acutally do forget things, etc. I'm sorry about the jam though--I know you loved the honey (and strawberry jam). But thankfully, you can have money to eat with until your package arrives!
Glad your tests went well too! Love you!
I am curious now what is so different about european shoes now? That is a ton of rainbows to see in one day! Did you ever feel like screaming "double rainbow"? So i am planning on doing a blog this summer on LT and i realize i really like how you blog, its like what your immediately thinking and what you would say, instead of a narrative. I want to keep up on your blogs more!
ReplyDeleteI think that Mom and I figured them out. But I don't want to post them either. I'll e-mail you. Hahahha.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're enjoying them, Matt!! And I'm glad you're going to LT! =D And I'll mention this in my next post (probably) but that many rainbows just goes to show that France is just as bipolar as Ohio, if not more, but it stuffs all its changes into one day. I'll explain in my post. =D
ReplyDelete