Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rapidement, parce que je meurs de fatigue...

Really fast, because I'm dying of tiredness...translations mess everything up. =)P I'm having a hard time speaking English, lemmee do fb for a second...now that I've skyped home, hopefully this will work better

after going to bed early, it was OK to wake up this morning

morning class = nada *shrug* ca va

break = exchanged 85 dollars for 55 euros and could therefore eat lunch out with Hannah and Emily which was excellent (and delicious too)

afternoon class = supposed to be 1 hour talking, 1 hour labo, 2 hours Kevin class, ended up being a conversation from 2:30-6 about religion, a relationship with Jesus, and a little bit of general class-y topics thrown in at the beginning when we were in class. The conversation in "the first" class ate labo, and then afterwards I stood outside with the Turkish? guy talking and KC listening until 6, which is when Kevin's class ended...This guy is really truly curious about everything and is therefore very well informed and asks horribly difficult questions like, "If God is perfect and God created everything, where did evil come from?" and "Where was Jesus before he was Jesus?" and claims that he's never done anything bad and then admits later that he got into a horrible argument with a friend once. I think the Holy Spirit is already making him curious but conviction of inadequacy would be a good next step...and I don't really know what KC was thinking the whole time but she just listened and listened and listened and laughed when we laughed (it was a very amicable conversation, for all its intensity) and it was all in French which is why I was having so much trouble.

After class I ran home and ate something (delicious, meat and mashed potatoes with salad [which included cherry tomatoes!] and the best pear I've ever had in my life chopped up with some kiwi) before going to the hangout discussion thingy with Andrea. It was at the guy's apartment and the two (chick) leaders were also there and we talked about accepting being different and then shared prayer requests and really truly prayed--I'd almost say "as only Europeans pray" but that's not quite true...no dialing or hanging up...I think it could be less structured because we're all more mature pray-ers and of course everyone's going to pray at some point and probably multiple times. (Y)

And then I helped Claire with her homework, skyped with Mom and Abby for 45ish minutes, and now I'm going to bed FAST because tomorrow I get to sleep in and I want to sleep a whole bunch. =) So, until then dear readers!

PS: It was warmer again this morning but then the cloud cover blanket was removed and it got colder...I got to sit in the sun for like an hour before class! And I feel like I have some catching up to do tomorrow...heh heh...

PPS: Thanks for all the photo comments...I'll have to check tomorrow though! I had 60 notifications, which bothered Claire who made me click it to make it go away. =)P

1 comment:

  1. It was great to skype with you and hear about your day! Thanks for posting too even though we kept you up too late. It's easy to forget that even though it isn't even dinner time here, it's past you bedtime there. I'm praying for you and your friends! Love you!

    ReplyDelete