Saturday, January 8, 2011

Adventure numero dos...mas o menos

Since I'm just sitting here with nothing to do (because my plane doesn't leave for another 5 hours and I'm all packed up...) ...I figured kicking off another round of blogging might be a good way to pass the time. I'll be studying, for the next 12 weeks, in Tours, France through a Bowling Green program. I'll be staying with a host family and taking classes with other learners of French from all over the world. At the end of my studies, I'll travel to Pamplona, Spain to visit some brothers and sisters at a GCM church there.

And can I just say, it's ironic that I titled this mostly in Spanish when I'm going to be in France? =)P Gotta keep it in my head somehow!

I'm excited to live in a country WHERE I ACTUALLY SPEAK THE LANGUAGE (or think I do) and live with a host family and basically I'm just really excited to go back to Europe! I like Europe a lot. :)

Things I'm not so excited about include the current lake effect snow potentially interfering with my flights and the fact that I only have a one hour layover before I catch the plane to Paris...kinda tight. Especially since I get in at one end of the airport and have to take the shuttle to the other end.

At least my suitcase appears to weigh 50 lbs...hasn't ever said 51, so that's good! Everything fit in my quart bag and I managed to pack a decent amount of shoes in my suitcase. So far so good! Now it just needs to not get lost. I'm not really looking forward to lugging the small pig around all day, so I'll be glad when it's checked. :) My carryon isn't too heavy, but I obviously haven't put my laptop in it yet, sooooo...and then I have my purse for all my miscellaneous items. Coming back is really easier because I get rid of stuff and managed to just travel with a suitcase and a carryon. =)P

That's all I've got...time to embark on the quest! :) thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment