JK I'll try to work forwards just to mix it up. ;) Only it's not mixed up anymore! ohhhhhhh!
This morning I had a proper breakfast. Not too much, that is, like yesterday. (One slice of bread different. Less). I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast. When will I get tired of this? No idea. =)P Not in the foreseeable future.
Class this morning was cool. We reviewed the subjunctive which was awesome because I realized right this second that not having been taught in a classroom could disadvantage me a little bit because I don't have someone to copy. Hey, voila, now I have someone to copy and I'm taking notes on the pedagogy (and the content). =) That was with Anne-Claire (my "normal" teacher), and then we had Alexandra and if you haven't figured it out by now, her main purpose as a teacher is to make us talk. So what did she do today? Well, she announced that the poor 3 guys in class today were going to be polygamous. Ooh dear(*see PS), whatever can she have up her sleeve? In fact, she even asked the Saudi guy how many wives he wants to have one day.
"Legally or illegally?" *laughter*
"Legally."
"Mm, four, but some would say that's not enough..." *more laughter*
Yeah, so the exercise was there's this couple, right? And they've grown apart, right? So now they're going on vacation to Londres for the weekend (London) to rediscover each other. Got it? Cool.
She hands out a list of what all the husband has packed away in his suitcase and says that the wife went snooping and now has to talk him out of taking something (like, who takes a liter of mineral water and three books and a work folder and a black-and-white camera AND a color camera? [The prompt list was a little old--it also had cassette tapes =P]). So it was a whole class thing but she would start with a guy and a girl and then when one of them started struggling the rest could jump in. (At one point the Turkish guy, who can worm his way out of anything by just keeping talking, was somehow winning on the mineral water even though it's obvious that you should not pack that, and he had 3 or 4 of us against him at once and said, "Geez, I really am polygamous!") So OK, she picks the Saudi guy and is like, "Hmm, now I have to find you a wife...Kaite!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (at what happens next). *composes self.* This isn't entirely correct because I live in a gist-bubble. BAHAHAHAHAHA (at the creation of "gist-bubble"). But the gist of what he said next was, "I'm OK with that!" I mean, ok, thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. *AWKWARD TURTLE* I just busied myself trying to pick which item to attack him on while everyone laughed and I laughed along because I couldn't help it (we were in a very jovial mood in general) and I'm pretty sure he ended up NOT being so OK with it because I CREAMED him. Hmp. *hair flip* He's studying to be a lawyer, too. Hmp HMP. =D
Ok so that was the hilarity that was this morning. Lunch was cool-we decided NOT to go to the Sandwicherie in order to not be sick of it by the 5th week in. Instead we went to Quick, Belgium/Luxembourg/France's attempt at a McDonald's. Well, Quick wasn't so quick. And I mean it was decently tasty and decently cheap. But because I had eaten so Quick-ly, I felt like I hadn't eaten anything, and I ended up eating a whole nother sandwich on the way back to class, which was too much for my wallet AND my tummy--half would've been better. But it was yummy anyway. And then history of Art was decently amusing. We talked some about the Mona Lisa which I'll hopefully get to see next weekend! WHAAAAAAT?
Because yes, then, after class, I went to the train station and didn't manage to understand the numbers and times she threw at me fast enough to be able to buy a ticket there, but I did get my discount card (carte 12-25) and already started saving when I bought my train tickets to Paris this afternoon! Online, they'll get sent here. =)
Speaking of buying things, I spent 40 E this week, mostly on lunch but.... Is that acceptable? Because I kind of feel like that's unacceptable. I didn't go to the cafeteria at all, which is part of the problem. A 3E-day makes a big difference. *sigh* ...hmm...
Ok so when I got home I was a good girl I was and I got my hw and laundry in (ooh, I should go get that). Blah blah blah.
Then, while Claire and I were eating dinner, someone walks into the house.
Let me explain the locations of the family at this moment. Mom just spent like a day and half in Paris with older daughter (it goes son son daughter daughter). Papa (emphasis on second pa) joined them last night but then spent today in Brussels and is getting back late tonight. Younger son is going to Paris and having dinner with older daughter just as she switches with him and comes here. So basically, the whole family was catching trains this evening and it was pretty clear where they all were.
So someone's walking into the house, with a key, and Isabelle's like, But who is it? (They start sentences here with "but" more than I ever realized until I started trying to translate here). I thought maybe it was the dad back early, because this guy starts talking, but Claire yells, "It's Alex! It's Alé!" and runs into the hallway and sure enough it was the oldest brother come randomly down from the north of France as a surprise. He was hilarious in my opinion--the perfect older brother warming up his cold hands on Claire's neck until she practically fell off her chair and raiding the kitchen for bread and cheese and Nutella. They told me that he's less of a talker than Stéph, like, calmer and less animated, but I didn't think so at all. Stéph seems much more reserved in my opinion. They haven't seen him since Christmas and he was supposed to come last weekend but had too much work.
So that was jolly, and then Claire and I watched "Jeu d'enfants" which is a very very French film (meaning it was a bit sad and rather cryptic...maybe just because French is my second language) but it also reminded me a bit of Pushing Daisies and Finding Neverland at times. =) I enjoyed it and I understood the plot but not the dialogue, if that's possible. Claire's a good explainer. It reminds me of when I read a Tale of Two Cities early on in highschool and LOVED it but was thinking the whole time "I know I'm missing stuff, I can't wait to reread this when I'm older!" Same general idea. =) But I really liked it nevertheless. =)
And now tomorrow we're going to see another castle and another medieval fortress and then the plan is for the family to be at the country house and for Emily to come spend the night because her family has lots of family in town. So I'm thinking it's going to be a good weekend. And it would top it off if I got to do something with one of my classmates Sunday afternoon. :)
Oh and I also got to go for a walk in the park with Jesus, so that was fun.
Note to world: one 50 cent bar of chocolate rations out to two bags of marshmallow bears.
It's gonna be cold tomorrow. *wrinkles nose*
But all my clothes are clean, after three nights of a load of laundry each! FINALLY. So hopefully I'll be able to stay warm. I'm getting pretty good at it. Whodathunk, I'd learn warm-clothing skills in France where only the wind and the nights break freezing instead of at home where we're happy if it's above freezing! But I'm telling you, the insides are colder so you HAVE to dress warmer!
And can I just say, I think I'm finally developing some outfit making skills. Or like, looking like an adult or something. This morning I actually grabbed a necklace so as not to feel like I'm lacking something without one. I wear pants as often as jeans. I always wear a scarf or a necklace. I do stuff with my hair now and then (not in the morning, it's wet then). But I grab bobby pins to possibly do something later. My skin's looking good (if a bit flaky) because the cold has dried it out. And yes, I know there are other methods to smudge eyeliner but they're just not as effective! I don't know why but my right eye looks awesome completely effortlessly, like, (cutesy high voice) "My eyelashes look thicker than they actually are! Tra la la, tra la la!" but my left eye's all like, "I have eyeliner in a line underneath me. See the line? You could use that line to keep cars from driving off the road if it weren't so solidly black that it would blend into the road. Maybe on a white road. Ohp! application of a q-tip? Now it's a dashed line. See the line? Yup. This eye has a line."
Alright, I should really be getting to bed, but I hope you've enjoyed this post as much as I have. I shall now re-read it for clarity's sake, re-enjoy it, and probably add a PS or some part of my day I forgot. Deal? Deal. Good night!
Shore enough, PS: In English, "ooh la la!" means, "oh myyyyyyh" like "is that guy cute or what" and/or "this meal looks deliciously fancy." However, here, "ooh la la!" is more like, "oh dear!" as in, "oh la la, you really got your hair cut like that??" and/or "oh la la, 1,56 for a chocolate bar..."
or, oh la la, it's already 11:30??
No comments:
Post a Comment