Last night, I slept through the night!
Today, I managed to go to class and to consume some rice and toast instead of just applesauce and coke (still not all that hungry). Class was fine, nothing too interesting. Some new vocabulary.
Just now, I went out and explored a little bit! (And bought like, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash--all at ridiculously expensive prices, but, what kin ya do?)
I'm not really sure why, but all over there are ridiculous sales and therefore it was a little crazy on the main street.
You know how some people looooove driving crazy fast and weaving in and out between other cars? I've decided I am susceptible to that same rush--only when I walk in large crowds. I reeeeeeeeeeeally enjoy it. =D Plus you get to people watch at the same time....dude. It's just really fun. I might have to make this a habit. And the days are getting longer so I don't have to worry about it being dark, um, now.
That was really all I had to say.
We had one little piece of devoir (homework) that I did during the lunchbreak when everyone else went and got lunch and I just stayed in one of the buildings and ate cereal and read my Bible (which sounds really holy, but I would've tried to read French if I had something French to read [and had already read a bit of Bibble ;)]). Then when I got back I checked les mots que je n'ai pas connus (the words I didn't know) and added a bit more and I think it's done. I really need to buy a dictionary of some sort (probably...I haven't quite made up my mind yet) and I'd like to buy a French Bible (so then I can "be holy" AND read French at the same time!) so maybe on my next expedition I shall look for a bookstore.
And it was really warm today (possibly around 50?) but drizzly and can I just say that I'm pumped that the lining of my jacket (aka another jacket in itself) is the same shiny, quilted material that everyone else is wearing?!?!?
Oh, and I hereby solemnly swear to always (well, at least ALMOST always) wear a scarf.
How do I convince my professors to call me Kate? hmmm.... Cat-leen is not my name...*sigh* Although I guess it is...Only they would pronounce Catherine like that too and Catherine is not my name. =P
I really should check out some of this shopping...this seems like a big enough sale thing goin' on that it might not happen again while I'm here....hmmmm...on verra! (We'll see!)
Isabelle goes swimming on Wednesday nights, so we'll eat a bit later (not that I'll actually be eating much...) ...And since my homework's done and I've blogged, whatever shall I do??? Perhaps I shall watch TV...after I journal.
Oh and I sent a message to the director basically saying, "How do you know if you're at the right level/I'm looking for proof that the 5th level would be too hard for me!"
Donc, ça va. (So basically, everything's good.)
PS: I heard "Teenage Dream" on the radio in one of the stores. Really? Really?? This is a good reason to go to foreign countries: to get those songs out of your head! Fail. Facepalm. Claire was walking around singing "Firework" too. Ah buoy.
PPS: I love how "That was basically all I had to say" is like, 1/3 of the way through the post. :)P Good at rambling? Who, mee???
YAY!! So glad to hear that you are feeling better today!! I'm also so amazed and excited that your "lining coat" is like what "the French" are wearing! Who knew! I'm also glad you were feeling up to doing some exploring. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI knew you would like that part ;) (about the coat ;)
ReplyDeleteYes...so very glad you are feeling better. And yes, keep asking to make sure you get into an appropriate level (says the guidance counselor). And be careful weaving through traffic...(even the pedestrian kind)...you don't want people calling you thee stewpeed uh mare uh con...
ReplyDeleteHope your having fun with the balmy weather in France while those of us back in the states freeze to death. For proof you can see USA Today article that reported that Florida was the only one of the lower 48 states to not have snow on the ground.
ReplyDelete