Isabelle bought a bunch of Tupperware today, which I thought was funny. :) They all laughed at and tried to copy my pronunciation; here it's more or less "tooperwar" (ar like are, not like war or like ware :)P) I realized the lack of Tupperware would explain her storage methods--wrapping most leftover bits in foil.
Also, I find the dishwashing system interesting. Because water is expensive (I assume, maybe just because everyone likes bread) they clean their plate very thoroughly with a bit of bread and then just put it straight in the dishwasher--probably dirtier than we would put in sometimes, but, I think they run it every day (which I guess must work out to cheaper) so things don't have time to stick. Of course, the dishwasher is smaller and easier to fill because it's Europe--everything is smaller!
AND, apparently Isabelle just makes applesauce all the time. 5 apples, 1 banana, no sugar, like an inch of water, cook for 5 minutes, and then blend--probably in her food processor, but I'm not really sure. I mean, why not? =)
Tomorrow we go to Chernonceau and to Loches. I had grand plans to wikipedia them before going--maybe I still will--but dude, I'm exhausted because
Between class and our meeting Hannah and I explored a bit--aka we went to probably every bookstore in a small radius of l'Institut (probably 5 or 6) and I played translator for her to buy some facewashing stuff. So that was fun but tiring.
And in watching the movie, I realized that being shy and not speaking a language very well come out to about the same thing! *sigh*
And I would just like to say that I actually kind of looked nice today. Tomorrow I have given myself permission to go into full tourist mode to make up for it. ;)
Bonne nuit, cher people!
PS: (because I always have a PS) today I ate lunch at a lovely little Sandwicherie right around the corner from the Institute. I had a crepe with strawberry jelly and a ham and cheese sandwich--like grilled ham and cheese, which are here called un croque-monsieur. :)P And then by chance, my three favorite BGers showed up at the same place! (shh, don't tell that I called them my favorites, but they are, and I'm pretty sure the others PROBABLY wouldn't care that they're not my favorites anyway...Maybe we'll all bond tomorrow or something. I'll have to resign myself to being obviously American for a day--like, not being able to pretend that I'm not...ah well! Bonne nuit again!)
Ooh, ooh, I almost forgot, "Have fun storming the castle!"
ReplyDelete