Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another long good day

productive, even! ...almost. =)P

In class today we just went over double pronoun usage (especially with commands) which was very useful and helpful. I got everyone talking about hair when my mot du jour (word of the day) was all hair related (dégradé et éffilé, layered and...not thinned...made pointy? yeah) so that was funny, especially when Azad (Turkish=>Kurdish guy) offered to trim Andrea's hair. =)P

I ate back here so that I could take as much advantage of my 3 hour midday break as possible--got two loads of laundry going and prepared what I talked about tonight. And did our bitsy bit of homework.

Afternoon classes were fun and interesting because they were with A-C and she just always cracks jokes and stuff. Alexandra's funny but the kind of funny where you don't bust up laughing because she's not trying to be funny. With Kevin we talked about symbols which was fairly interesting.

I had bunchers of time in between that and the meeting because 1, he got done at 5:45 instead of 6:4o like last time, and two, Andrea hosted so it was just across the park! I switched my laundry, leisurely ate the food Isabelle had made for me this morning, got my stuff together, and headed over (and managed to get myself stuck in the park right at closing which made me a bit late...haha!)

We hung out and talked--the Norwegian chick clicked on one of those things that says you won $3000 and actually called the number and got her bank card involved, and all of us girls listened interestedly and didn't say anything, but then when the one guy got there he was like, "Ah non!" and then asked more details and then "ah non! Don't DOO that! You need to call your bank etc etc!!" It was kind of funny, really. I think she'll be fine. :)

I talked about all the verses where God talks about doing something constantly, for example, "be joyful always, pray continuously, give thanks in all circumstances" and how he's involved in all the little details that can distract us for him--like how the Bible talks about food, clothing, alcohol, money, friendships, societal relationships, lovey-dovey relationships (I can't remember the English word for "amoureuses"), work, rest--it basically covers everything and since the Bible is one big book of what's important to God it's cool that he talks so much about what's important to us--aka, he cares about the details, all the hairs of your head are numbered. Yes, I did get this group all talking about hair afterwards too. =)P It was encouraging because I didn't really add all that much with my lack of French vocab sometimes but I just read the verses and connected them and everyone seemed encouraged and had plenty to say afterwards because, well, it's not that hard to get them to talk. =)P

When I got back Isabelle et Hervé were working on patching up the hole in the basement (I think it's for ventilation? Or where a pipe connects to outside maybe? Je ne sais pas. Or, as people actually say, che pas! (shay pa)

I've felt a little funny all day because it's not like my sinuses are clogged, or like I have a stuffy nose, or like I have a runny nose (although it's threatening that now)...I've just felt a little sinusydizzy and coldy.

It was cold but really pretty consistently sunny and the wind was PRESENT and gusty enough that I kind of felt like I was at the beach at times. It wasn't biting. It was just gusty and cold.

I discovered that just as much as vanilla yogurt is good with chocolate in it, fromage blanc (same thing as unflavored yogurt?) is really good with chocolate mousse. ;) Something to keep in the fridge when I get back to the States--the yogurt, but I mean if mousse exists... =)P

Tomorrow I have a busy day because I need to fill out my student teaching form, pack for our trip to Provence, and have dinner with some extended family that's coming into town! =D I've heard about these people from the first day I've been here--it's Hervé's brother and family. =D

And it's late and I get to sleep in tomorrow but if it doesn't seem like my eyes will be streaming all day I might try using the extra time to (well, 1, put away all my laundry and 2) try my exotic imported mascara. =)P

To all a good night! =D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day and a good evening.

    Glad the hole in the basement got patched so that no more birds get in!

    You have this whole network of friends and acquaintances now--how cool!

    Glad you got to chat with Abby today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God has the hairs on our head numbered and he knows the number of our days... - and now the hairs on my head, well, their days are numbered...who wants to talk about hair styles?" Is that how it went, but in French? Love you!
    TheDad

    ReplyDelete