Thursday, March 17, 2011

Third day doldrums??

I'm not going to go into the details of today, despite that they were many and varied.

Well, OK, two little ones:

Something that made me sad: talking about what we would do if today was our last day for the purpose of practicing the conditional (would)
Something that made me happy: having a discussion instead of labo, outside instead of inside, with petals from the flowering trees falling on us

But in general, despite the excellent weather, today was just very blah. I think the awesomeness of realizing that my deadlines got pushed back yesterday was offset by realizing today that I have to work on my papers anyway. And that Art History papers always make me want to drop out of school. (OK, I exaggerate, but quand-meme [even so, really now...]) And today was weird because I didn't really have time to work on stuff but I kind of whiled away the time that I did, mostly sitting staring off into space and then realizing it and then wondering why work wasn't getting done and then getting mad and then not being able to concentrate. I feel like in general in my classes, maybe it's just today and I'm generalizing into the past--I pay attention to what everyone else is saying but I haven't been talking as much because I just don't have anything to say. So I don't quite feel like me so I think I need to go to bed and get some more sleep in me--the DELF's on Friday and it's the night of sleep TWO nights before that counts for that kind of thing anyway. =)

So good night!
oh yeah, upside to the evening was getting to talk to Kelsey and home =D hopefully KTW joins the list soon... ;)

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same as you... I get the work done eventually, but after much (not dilly dallying... that sounds intentional) ... time... I get mad then get it done, but telling myself off for whiling away time... Yeah.

    I think it's the end-of-year spring/summer fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Hannah and you. No motivation to do anything productive. Probably some combination of the end of winter and not being away from Kent since the beginning of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will echo this
    "And that "________" papers always make me want to drop out of school."

    and even more i will echo this
    "I didn't really have time to work on stuff but I kind of whiled away the time that I did, mostly sitting staring off into space and then realizing it and then wondering why work wasn't getting done and then getting mad and then not being able to concentrate."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truthfully Katie i think you just experienced a day in the life of Matt Branco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I guess you aren't the only one, dear Katie! It IS a hard time of year to concentrate. I see it in the kids at school here too. I'll keep praying for you!

    Dave Ramsey just had a rant about the necessity of perseverance--the number one trait of successful people. He said, "Don't do all the hard work of being 'weird' (meaning not acting like all of the rest of the broke, unsuccessful people in the world) and then give up just when the finish line is in sight."

    So I will second that!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete