worked on my paper, which was hard, because I have practically no prompt and no motivation and this is 3 papers following a bunch of weeks of not writing major things following a bunch of months of lots of work...sooooo...yeah. On the one hand, I'm tired of writing papers, and on the other, I'm out of the habit. Hm. I think that's a nice way of saying I was feeling lazy.
I had lunch here--beets and endives for the crudités, some random green leafy vegetable boiled with potatoes and pork (and mustard :) and applesauce and a kiwi for dessert. I also had coffee, which is why I'm up right now. I don't think I'm imagining the extra hour it adds to my day, it feels like 11 right now...but it's 12. I folded some laundry and left for the youth hostel, where I won two games of the Three Kingdoms but I don't know if it was just the heat or what but my stomach was upset again (after eating some of these delicious ketchup flavored snacky things--Europe really has the most amazingly flavored chips: kebab, ham and cheese, various specific kinds of cheese, chicken, ketchup, peanut...that list is even limited because it's from me who doesn't really eat them and therefore doesn't pay the closest attention to chip flavors...). I just drank lots of coke but it prevented me from having dinner which I think was a small mercy because it was what Z calls a "hot hot hot" meaning a hot pot in the middle (a pot on a hot plate) with a spicy sauce and you put everything in there and then all fill your little bowls a million times from it. They also put crushed red pepper and sesame sauce and oyster-flavored sauce in the bottoms of their bowls for more flavoring. But the variety, man--they had everything from tofu to octopus. And I only mention those two because those were the most recognizable. OK, there were also cucumbers, these noodles made from rice, little balls of meat, slices of meat, these round slices of something white with holes in it--plant? animal? who knows! more green leaves, tomatoes...I was pretty OK with not eating although it smelled yummy.
After dinner we played another game which I won on my own skill instead of leaning heavily on my helpers as in the first game (I was the king both times!). So that was kind of fun. And then I left while I was ahead :) French guy: "But you owe us our revenge!" "Sorry." James has trained me well for not doing stuff that everyone's trying to talk me into :) aka staying later because I left at like 9:30 because I wanted to still feel OK about walking home by myself and I was HUNGRY by then and I felt like I had had my fun time and good discussions for the day. =)P
I got back and ate some pasta and made myself an egg and then I've been putzing around listening to pieces of old sermons waiting for the caffeine to wear off. I hope I can get a lot done tomorrow. :/ I'm looking forward to church in the morning (and sleeping in, after this late night ;).
hope you're all having a great weekend!
(PS: no one has said anything about time change here. Does this mean the time difference is shifting to 5 hours? Crazy!)
(PPS: timeanddate.com says we change the 28th. Don't want to be early for church tomorrow, you know! =)P )
I'll be praying for you to be inspired to write your papers. It's hard to make yourself write sometimes when you don't feel like it...
ReplyDeleteThe food at your friends' sounded interesting, but maybe not so great for an iffy tummy, so maybe good you didn't feel obligated to try everything!
I'd love to try the chip flavors though. Although, I'm tempted too much just by plain Lay's chips--it's probably good we don't have too many to try. Those tomato and basil ones are quite tasty here!
Hope you have a lovely Sunday and maybe we can skype with you before we take Hannah back to Kent? Love you!