Fortunately the yogurt and the rest of my breakfast stayed within me, but I couldn't sit through class. It's hot and smells like people in that room, and I was forced to sit down, and I felt much better standing in the cool hallway...so that's what I did for the first hour of class. I excused myself at the break and felt completely justified because I was SUPER PALE just like last time...so it wasn't hard to tell that I really didn't feel good. I got home fine, took a smecta, put on Phantom of the Opera, and took an EXCELLENT 2-3 hour nap during which I dreamed that the cat had come to sleep with me (in the bent nook of my knees [if you're laying on your side] like Greta does) and I was super confused about whether it was happening or not, whether the cat was there or not, etc...I couldn't get my eyes open to see if the cat was really there but I kept feeling the mattress denting...or so I thought...and I kept thinking, "No! I'm allergic! It'll make me more sick! I have to get rid of it! ...But I'm too sleepy to move..." I was very disoriented but when I woke up I realized it had just been a really trippy dream. haha!
Isabelle made me some rice and applesauce and brought me a coke just like last time, but unlike last time this time I didn't feel 100% miserable. Like, I don't even remember what I did that first Tuesday here when I felt so sick. Today, I worked on both of my papers (within moderation), figured out the times at which my classes will be in the fall, emailed a prof about the times that were conflicting, found an excellent summer class or two to take (including one about the classic roots of English words!! it's even online!!) looked up stuff for jobs, emailed people about jobs and internships, and finished Hebrews. It was excellent. I even skyped with Dad about all of the above and summer plans and whatnot. You might think that this sounds too good to be true and I'm not really sick (I think he did, given that I didn't mention it till the end of our conversation), but honest, every time I eat I'm really glad it's stuff like toast and applesauce and I've only eaten like, 3 slices of toast, 3-4 chunks of baguette, half an apple, half a cup of rice and a cup of applesauce all day. Which is way more than I ate that Tuesday I was so sick...maybe more like the Wednesday afterwards...but it's not normal. Plus, I did most of the writing of papers in bed with my eyes closed which is actually not a bad way to work--what I really needed to do for those was thinking that I'm usually too mentally all-over-the-place to settle down to.
Basically, it was God's way of being like, OK girl, stop freaking out about stuff and running around exhausted, here's One Free Ticket to rest and work and catch up from the weekend. =D
I'm going to continue to do so by going to bed early. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better...I'd like to go to more than a day and 5 minutes of class this week! And fortunately class doesn't start until 9:30--this morning at 9:30 I knew that class was not possible, so hopefully that extra half hour will help me be sure of what to do. :) Plus I get to sleep more. :) Hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep...I'm thinking I will but I also feel like I haven't done anything physically tiring today. We'll see. =)P
PS: EJ just told me we have a test tomorrow. I'm thinking I can at least make it for that if I continue to feel better in the morning.
Poor Kaite! I'm sorry you've been sick again. You never get sick this much--must be lots of new germs in France! But at least you felt well enough to "enjoy" your sick day and feel very productive even in the midst of it.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying hard that you feel better and can get back on track with school and life. And for your test too. Love you! And so glad that you have Isabelle as a host mom (again) to take such good care of you.
Glad you got a good sick day, even if it kinda stunk b/c u were sick (not bad though, that's good!)
ReplyDeleteI just want to ask something random: Do you have the happy tooth symbol on foods good for your teeth in the stores? Nutrition class says that it's popular in Europe.... Kinda red with a tooth under an umbrella?