Yes, technically I was supposed to have two papers done for tomorrow, but, let's face it, this is France, and if I get Tuesday's paper done for Wednesday and Wednesday's paper done for Thursday...probably there will be no consequences. Probably. :)
This morning's class is now kind of blurry...we just went over that weird test (I got a B, in case you were wondering...) and I turned in our fairy tale. Ran over onto the 5th page...can't decide if that's good or bad.
Afternoon class was interesting, though! In the spirit of continuing to talk about the 5 senses, she had us choose "presents" in groups of two out of a mysterious pimkie bag (pimkie is a store like H&M or Kohl's or whatever.) There were a bunch of little foil packages with different flavored snacky things inside. My favorites? Tagada strawberries (apparently they call them strawberries), wasabi peas, and chocolates. There was also black licorice which was everyone's least favorite, peanuts, pine nuts, dried apricots, these shiny silver sugar balls, pickles, (I'm trying to remember this for future reference...) cocoa powder, "frites" which are kind of like less-sour sour patch kids--gummies, ...I think that was about everything. It was fun times to taste all of them (or not--I didn't try the black licorice even though I can't quite call to mind what it tastes like. I'm not masochistic) and then try to describe them and learn bunchers of new and different vocabulary that can be pretty useful. "Arrondi" is kind of like "roundish," for example.
And then I came back and worked on my paper(s)...and went for a walk (ran into Laura) ...and worked on my paper outside...worked on my paper in the kitchen after helping Claire with Spanish (and tasting Milka Daim--Daim is kind of like toffee/heath bar, I haven't tried it all by itself yet, but it's delish in milka and I want some more but I'm not sneaking down to the kitchen and the stores are all closed if I were going to get REALLY intrepidous...) (...I guess English would be "daring.") It was funny she was like, "Have you had this yet?" And I said no, and she was just like, "Taste. [I laughed] I'm very serious about this." For good reason!
So, despite having a paper to write and a sweet tooth for palmiers, tagada, AND milka, I've done alright today. I actually finished the paper without the "help" of something to munch on while actually drowning in self-pity and saturated fat. I guess that's a step in the right direction, even though it wasn't at all fun and my shoulder is driving me crazy--when I say my shoulder, I mean from my neck where my monstrous knot lives down to in between my shoulder blades. And over to my actual shoulder. I feel like my tendons are rotting away. I don't think you even HAVE tendons there, but they're rotting. Who knows! (not me!)
I should now go to bed sooner than later because guess what, tomorrow = "second verse, same as the first, a little bit longer (classwise) and a whole lot worse" (because I have to go to business French and see if my work is worthy of being graded yet...I hope he gives it back to me if it's not worthy yet of a good grade...)
Day 1 of Not-So-Awesome-Week is done.
Cult/Civ paper
Art History paper
Kevin's paper
Sign up for Fall 2011 classes
Take the DELF
One down, 4 to go...
On the bright side, Tour was on it today! That is to say, it was sunny and warm--legitimately warm! Not just not-cold, and not just not-cloudy--sunny and warm! The kind of day where sorority girls go sunbathing on the quad and some random person's boombox can be heard from inside the next building because 1. it's loud, party-like and 2. there are so many windows open. Yup, one of those days. Where people sit outside to eat lunch and almost all the park benches are full.
So, moral of the story:
1. I really like wasabi peas.
2. I really like sunshine.
3. Writing papers isn't fun
4. I have an attention span of approximately 20-30 minutes.
good night!
*dramatic, clutching tones:* pray for me......like Meg in Little Women when she's acting...only I think she says "forgive me" or something. Find the other favorite movie quote. =P
Don't know the other movie quote. Maybe your sisters will get it.
ReplyDeleteDon't make your mother worry about your classes, please! You only have a couple of weeks left--do your best to finish well--French standards being different or not. (I just had to say it!)
The snacks sound really interesting and like a great way to learn new vocabulary--memorable.
SO glad the weather was so nice there today! It was pretty decent here too. Now WARM, but sunny and pleasant.
Praying for you!
it took me two tries to find the other movie quote, but then again -- I just skimmed the first time looking for it :-)
ReplyDelete*sigh* I thought we were making such good progress! I told Judi tonight, that it felt like a cold spring day instead of a warm winter day. Step in the right direction, but no sunbathers or boomboxes yet. Beh.
:-D If I were around, I'd give your shoulder a talking to and make it behave. But I'm not so I can't.
You can do it!