Tuesday, March 8, 2011

oh no--reality hits...

yesterday was excellent and seems like 100 years ago because I woke up in the sunshine...walked around in short sleeves with my extra layers stuffed in my bag for half the day...ahh, so nice.

In the morning we visited the Palace of the Popes because there were two popes at once for awhile, one in Avignon and another in Rome. It was cool but not stunning. I really liked the view from the top--that tends to be my favorite part.

Afterwards, Hannah and I went shopping (at naf-naf) which was really fun even though we accidentally went into like the storage dressing room and got "excuse me, but you're not supposed to use this one"d (fortunately we were both fully clothed at the time) ...which was one of those things that would be horriffically embarrassing if it happened to you while you were by yourself but was just "whoops, haha" together. I would've bought this pink shirt for 5 euro if it had worked with my skin tone, but it totally didn't...

I did, however, end up buying a lovely necklace for 12,90. It's two silver chains, shorter one with butterflies and a longer one with round beads at points...I'll just have to post a picture, but it's my favorite perfect balance between classic and over-the-top trendy. :D

After that we went to a shoe store (andre) and I totally would've gotten these cute shoes for 15 euro but they were that cheap because they were super on clearance and therefore only had like 5's and 6's left. :( I also tried on a pair that looked like flats but had a chainy bit around the ankle but the right foot, surprisingly, was too uncomfortable. Hannah bought two adorable pairs of shoes that she loved and spent too much on and knew it but loved. We then went across the street to éram and I bought shoes. I'm still not sure if this was a good thing or not, but I just did it. I was running out of time and even if I had had more time I would've used it all. I was torn between these awesome brown ones and the grey ones that I eventually got of which I will post pictures. They have flowery shoelaces! =D They were 30 euro and I got upsold into buying inserts so that they won't smell bad for 8 euro. She definitely said 7, and those I can return here I think.

The shoes, however, I might not be able to change my mind on, because what with not wearing my coat, I had 4 things to carry PLUS the shoe box, which I managed on the way to the bus that would take us to the train because one of the guys offered to carry my coat, but when we got to the bus I took the shoes out of the box, stuffed them in the space that had resulted from the settlement during the trip there, and threw the box away when we got to the station, not thinking about the fact that returning only happens when they're unworn and in the original packaging. Because I didn't have time to think long enough to experience buyer's regret until we were on the train. My brain and me are complicated when it comes to spending money on myself, don't even worry about it. We'll work it out. I haven't decided whether I have buyer's regret or not. =)P

Then we were on the train for approximately 150 years. We had a short one (hourish) to Lyon, sat on some steps and ate subway during 45 minutes, and then a 3 hour one that was late and got us in half an hour late so we missed the navette proper and took a train unproper that got us there anyway that we didn't have tickets for but whatever! It's a 5 minute trip and we were EXhausted. But it was fun to sit with Hannah and Emily and Makayla and just have an excuse to talk the whole time. Conversations like that should but don't always happen over meals because the food's too distracting, but when there's absolutely nothing else going on--like it's dark so you can't even see out the windows--we just kept the thread going for the whole time. =)

I walked back here accompanied by Laura and Emily and Isabelle had made tarte like I was hoping and her mom's in town and Claire was back but I didn't know that because she was already in bed. It was like 10:30 but I ate anyway. And then went to bed too late somehow, which I'm going to try to avoid by doing today super fast:

waking up wasn't too hard because it was sunny
somehow got to the institute on time
we're doing little red riding hood and the simple past tense
signed up for the DELF after Kevin talked me into it--I just asked him about its usefulness and such, he wasn't trying to sell me on it
didn't really eat lunch, but did have a kit-kat in honor of Women's day and a chouquette in honor of mardi gras (during class), and a twix left over from my travels, and some dried meat from the brothers and sisters in Paris from the brothers and sisters in shanghai
worked on homework for my last class that I hadn't had time to do because I forgot to take it along this weekend
ran to carrefour and bought a yogurt, an apple, and lazy toast
was really glad I had stuck a random extra mini spoon in my purse when i didn't need it at some point this weekend (and the napkin too), used it to eat the yogurt WHILE WALKING because I'm a beast ;)
made it to class just on time
found out we have to write a paper for it =P
went to the last class and looked over the homework with him and he told me what to fix... =P

came back and was EXhausted and hungry so I ate the rest of the tarte after having some Jesus time and reading about Jonathan and his armor bearer beating up the philistines

did nothing and did something and mostly couldn't decide what to do and didn't do much which was frustrating but I ended up reading most of hebrews because I feel Bible-deprived after a weekend of being surrounded by people all the time--I read on the bus or whatever but journaling was lacking.

ate dinner with grand-mere et Claire
danced with Claire to Swan Lake and Elvis--she copied my ballet and then taught me the Madison =D
helped Claire with English
wrote my blog
went to sleep

I can't decide if I should give up and call myself sick or if I've got allergies or what...like, others have said that we Americans have allergies like it's spring right now (things are blooming and whatnot, daffodils and trees, for example). But it's officially been a week since I sat 2 feet away next to a cat's bed for a few hours and went home feeling stuffy. My voice sounds horrible at times, but I don't really feel sick because it goes away every time I move around and doesn't make me feel horrible. Although part of my lack of action this afternoon was just feeling too tired and head-funny to move all that much. Ah well. Who knows. At least it's not stopping me from doing all that much. Maybe. Qui sait? (who knows, again).

At any rate, it is indeed almost my bedtime and I would really like to at least tackle the "sleepy" part of my symptoms.

Good night!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a tiring end to a lovely weekend. Isn't that always how it goes? Back to reality all too soon? Glad you made it through the first day back to classes, though. Sometimes that's the worst.

    Hope you are feeling better--I can imagine the flowers and trees could be at least partly to blame--but did you say DAFFODILLS are blooming??? How awesome is that? I haven't even seen a brave crocus yet!

    Praying that you feel better and get back into the swing of things soon. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete