2. I went to all my classes
3. I did my homework (at least a little bit)
4. This list thing is not working out for me.
But I repeat, IT WAS SUNNY. It's actually been sunny most of the week here! It's still chilly, but 40s/50s is SO much better than 30s...
I actually stayed an hour later than necessary for the other group's discussion-instead-of-labo...I figured, I didn't go to labo on Wednesday, sooo...I didn't really talk much though. I think I was on autopilot. =)P
I ate back here for lunch--pork chops, rice, and carrots--MM. And 3/4 of an apple and plenty of bread, of course.
Art history wasn't bad :) I think I'm going to write my paper on gardens as architecture because that's what he talked about today and the rest of art history doesn't really interest me...
here's where the excellent part continues: Instead of coming back and doing my usual whole lotta nothing that I can't even describe because it's like this void into which time disappears, I *gasp* (turnsfaceawayfromtheglaringlightofday) opened google calendars because as much as I love having that kind of thing on paper, if it's on the computer I can have something to refer to in between things instead of facebook. So I made myself a to-do list and actually did stuff on it. *gasp* --whoa, chill out there, don't hyperventilate! I did all kinds of great things like watching news stories (Japan = eek!) (I could probably get sucked into those just like facebook or youtube...) and doing homework and sending emails and signing up for summer classes! I picked three online courses that all seem interesting, one for each possible session, so now I can drop one based on the timing of, say, an internship. ...Only I just now remembered that I was taking them at a regional campus because it's cheaper but online classes are based at the main campus. How rude! *sigh* ...it's SO MUCH CHEAPER to take them at a regional campus but SO MUCH MORE CONVENIENT to not actually have to GO somewhere for class...I'll probably have to reconsider all that tomorrow though. This is why I need things like to-do lists, because I forget what my original logic was VERY EASILY. The worst part is that the class I'm really interested in and excited about (English words from classical elements) is ONLY offered online. Ah well. Now that you got a disproportionate insight into that whole business because I got thinking about it and never stopped typing...
So, suffice it to say, I had a nice productive afternoon/evening and then dinner was fun too :) It was just me and the adults, Isabelle's mother still being in town and Claire being off at a friend's house. We had tarte (aka quiche, heavy on the potatoes, with RED PEPPERS on top!!) and salad (my favorite kind :) with cheese (comté, chèvre, et roquefort) and homemade applesauce for dessert. =D Basically, an epically classic French dinner. And then we sat around and talked about how Isabelle's mom thought that Hervé is a super organized type when he's really not--it was very interesting to watch how they would go on small tangents about other doctors, messy or neat, or how Isabelle's the one who tidies things, but then they would get back to the subject by Miraille (the mom) saying, "But I really would've thought you were the organized type" and then the whole conversation would start all over again with a different ending. Very amusing. We also ended up talking about how Hervé is quick to notice something gone wrong and Isabelle walks past it 430 times, and I pointed out that it's his JOB as a DOCTOR to notice all the little details going wrong.
Have I mentioned that today was also Friday which increases its awesomeness factor by 150 points?
And that I went on a walk in the sunshine and took some of the pictures that are now posted on facebook?
And that I resigned myself to keeping and enjoying my shoes and just forgetting how much I spent on them even though I'm pretty sure that's impossible?
Hopefully tomorrow morning will be just as productive and I'll have lots of fun with my Chinese speaking friends in the afternoon/evening. I'm really glad it's the weekend and I really want to just get my papers written and over with but for the reasons previously posted, it's kind of hard to buckle down to it.
Hope your Friday was just as excellent and that you're not drowning in snow! =)
the snow is fortunately melting! again! I am hoping this is the last time i have to see snow melt in 8-100 months. Its good to hear that your healthy and alive Katie, one of these days i hope to actually look at these pictures you post.
ReplyDelete